Pactiv, owned by billionaire Graeme Hart, is one of the worst sweatshop companies in the country. Pactiv:
– Forced Kearny NJ workers to do so much overtime that they became injured and even disabled;
– Sped up the machines to the point that the women were not able to use the bathroom;
– Retaliated against women who spoke up in their factory, and fired them for trying to organize.
Boycott Pactiv and parent company Reynolds until they meet workers’ demands:
1. The right to take bathroom breaks.
2. The right to sick days and parental leave.
3. The right to speak out and organize without retaliation.
4. Reinstatement with back pay for those terminated.
5. The right to a 40-hour work week and NO mandatory overtime.
Date: July 26, 2014
Location: Brooklyn Costco
take the D/N/R to 36th st